Spofforth School is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School administered by the Local Education Authority of North Yorkshire County Council.
James Tripp, Rector of Spofforth, founded the school in 1847 and a stone plaque above one of the old cloakroom doors commemorates his death in 1879. The main building was constructed at about this time.
During the 1960’s, with the expansion of the village, the schoolhouse was amalgamated into the main building and additional classrooms were constructed. The school expanded further with the closure of Kirk Deighton School in 1993 and we now welcome children from the surrounding area for whom transport is provided by NYCC.
A new school hall and link buildings were constructed in 1998; the hall has been equipped thanks to the generosity of the PTA and other village organisations.
The creation of an additional classroom in the form of a mezzanine floor in the Victorian school building has created much needed extra space and facilitated further ICT provision for classes.
Exciting developments in grounds have included an activity trim trail and quiet garden area. In January 2009 the Foundation stage Unit opened for Nursery age children.
We warmly welcome visits to our school which can be arranged through Mrs Moor in the school office.
Visit our website: http://www.spofforth.n-yorks.sch.uk/
Spofforth Church of England Primary School
t: 01937 590655
f: 01937 591078
Head Teacher: Mr Paul Griffiths